GOALS OF THE CANADIAN HAIR LOSS FOUNDATION
The goals of the Canadian Hair Loss Foundation are to:
1. Fund scientific research in hair loss in Canada.
- provide grant funding to clinical or laboratory-based hair loss researchers working at Canadian universities
- provide funding to assist early level hair loss researchers (research fellows, junior faculty) travel abroad to acquire new skills that can be brought back to Canada
2. To educate the public about hair loss.
- provide educational resources for the public so that they can make well informed choices about hair loss
- provide the public with trusted information about hair loss, hair growth and hair care.
- help disseminate important information about hair loss in a timely manner.
3. To educate health care practioners about hair loss.
- provide educational stipends to support physicians-in-training (residents, fellows, interns), nurses, and allied health professionals who seek to devote their future careers to treating hair loss in Canada
- provide travel stipends to support Canadian medical professionals who wish to travel outside of their main centre to acquire new skills in treating hair loss that can be used in Canada.
- provide support to establish university-affiliated academic hair loss centres across Canada that provide expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss.