SCARRING HAIR LOSS CONDITIONS
What are the scarring hair loss conditions?
The scarring hair loss conditions are a group of conditions that cause permanent hair loss. Prompt diagnosis and treatment is important in order to try to stop the condition. Regrowth of hair is generally not possible.
The scarring hair loss conditions include:
- Acne Keloidalis
- Central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia
- Chemotherapy Induced Hair Loss
- Discoid lupus erythematosus
- Dissecting Cellulitis
- Erosive Pustular Dermatosis
- Folliculitis decalvans
- Follicular mucinosis
- Frontal fibrosing alopecia
- Lichen planopilaris
- Pseudopelade of Brocq
ther conditions can also be associated with scarring including traction alopecia and trichotillomania